The young Charles Rennie Mackintosh had a hand in the design of ornamental details in the current home of The Glasgow Art Club at 185 Bath Street. The club had purchased two adjacent villas and Glasgow architect John Keppie, a member of the club, was put in charge of their conversion into suitable premises. The influence of Mackintosh, employed in 1889 by Keppie as an assistant, can be seen in door fingerplates, ventilation covers and lettering around the fireplace adjacent to the front door. His frieze around the gallery is, sadly, lost but the current design reflects his influence.
The Club visited prior to the recent restoration overseen by Paul Dowds. Link here to The Glasgow Art Club's website